Tourist activities in the Manche
Between its charming countryside and its coastline, the Channel is a multiple territory to discover that offers an infinite variety of activities.
Its unspoilt natural areas are to discover during hiking and horseback riding or cycling: from the bay of Mont-Saint-Michel to the marshes of the Cotentin through the country of Coutance, the richest landscapes are to go.
By the sea, the Channel also offers many activities: sand yachting and fishing at low tide, surfing, canoeing or catamaran at high tide, beach games, strolling on the ports or visit the historic beach of landing Utah Beach and its museum.
The Channel is also rich in an important architectural and cultural heritage to discover during your stay: forts, churches, castles and abbeys, numerous museums to discover the regional traditions, as well as exceptional parks and gardens where to recharge your batteries. family.
Finally, discover Normandy culinary specialties through visits to farms and craft factories, but also strolling on the regional markets! From cider houses to cheese factories to oyster farms, your taste buds will taste all the flavors!
From our campsite Normandy, you will be close to the most beautiful sights of the region, enjoy!
The 10 must-see places during his Manche holidays
Among the must-see sites of your Manche holidays are:
- #1The Mont Saint-Michel: the famous rocky islet and its bay are listed as UNESCO World Heritage. Do not miss the visit of the abbey of Mont Saint-Michel, a masterpiece of medieval architecture.
- # 2 Cherbourg: its port was the starting point and the arrival of the largest transatlantic steamers. To see, its artificial harbor and its Art-deco style ferry terminal, which today houses the Cité de la Mer.
- # 3 Granville: ancient corsair city also called the “Monaco of the North”, Granville is a charming seaside resort that remains today the first port coquillier of France. Sheltered behind its ramparts, the upper town is rich in an important architectural and cultural heritage.
- # 4 The landscapes of the Cotentin: from its marshes to the Cape of La Hague, the Cotentin unfolds landscapes of exceptional beauty.
- # 5 Utah Beach and the D-Day Museum: a few meters from your campsite, the Mecca of world history.
- # 6 Tatihou Island: famous for its ornithological reserve and maritime museum. Do not miss the amphibious boat crossing!
- # 7 Sainte-Mère-Église and the Airborne Museum: a spectacular museum in one of the first villages liberated by the allies.
- # 8 Chausey Islands: An hour’s boat trip from Granville harbor, Chausey is an extraordinarily preserved archipelago. You may see dolphins and seals.
- # 9 Jersey and Guernsey: The Channel Islands allow you to experience the charm of England just a few miles from Granville or Barneville.
- # 10 Avranches: do not miss, finally, this magnificent city which overhangs the Bay Saint-Michel. To see, the Basilica of St. Gervais and its treasure, the churches of Notre-Dame-des-Champs and Saint-Saturnin, or the garden of plants.